Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sabbath Rest

There remains a Sabbath Rest. Why don't I experience this much? I know the answer--it's because of me! It is Sunday morning now. I am rested; I am at peace; I've been up long enough to have two cups of coffee and my deovtional; I even have time to be sitting here typing this! This looks so different than a lot of Sunday mornings. In part, we have almost two hours extra before Chapel since there is no Sunday School today (How does not having a one-hour Sunday School equate to almost two-hours extra? It's complicated but it does!). Which makes me think, if I had extra time most Sunday mornings before "rushing" off to chapel then I might arrive at church to worship God with a peaceful and rested spirit instead of being hurried and frantic. Does the latter describe you? If you have kids it probably does! Maybe an extra hour or two would do us all some good. But don't go cancelling Sunday School just to make it happen! Maybe the key is Saturday night... What if we ,me included, were better about going to bed at a decent hour so that I could be up before the "frantic" sets in immmediately after the alarm? Just a thought worth considering...

No comments: